Dr. Prem Chandra Pandey has been working as Assistant Professor at Center for Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Shiv Nadar University, Gautam Buddha Nagar, UP. He received his Ph.D in Remote Sensing Technology from Centre for Landscape and Climate Research Department of Geography University of Leicester, United Kingdom. He is also a recipient of Tel Aviv Post Doctoral fellowship and conducted research at Remote Sensing Laboratory, Department of Geography and Human Environment, Faculty of Exact Sciences, Tel Aviv University Israel (2016-2017).
Research Interests: Remote Sensing applications in Forestry & Agriculture, Hyperspectral Remote sensing and Urban Studies.
Teaching Interests: Remote Sensing & GIS, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Hygiene and Sanitation.
- Oral presentation: Pandey, P.C., Kumar, P., and Srivastava, P.K. (2018). "Species Recognition using Hyperspectral Remote Sensing", presented in the international Conference: BDCC -2108 (Biodiversity and Climate Change) organised by IIT Kharagpur during 24th -27th February 2018.
- Oral presentation: Pandey, P.C., Chetri, T., Kumar, P., and Srivastava, P.K. (2018). (2018). "EO-1 Hyperion hyperspectral data for Species Recognition", presented in the National Conference on "Climate Change Societal Consequences and Mitigation: Future vision" (NCCSCM-2018) organised by University of Jammu, Jammu during 25th -27th April 2018.
- Poster Presentation: Pandey, P.C., Tate, N.J., and Balzter, H. (2014): "Forest mapping in a coastal region of Portugal using Statistically Segmented PCA”,Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting, 8-14 April 2014 Tampa, Florida USA
- Poster presentation - Pandey, P.C., Tate, N.J., and Balzter, H. (2013). Mapping tree species using hyperspectral and lidar imagery at Portugal, Annual conference of the Centre for Landscape and Climate Research, Leicester, Gilbert Murray Hall, University of Leicester, UK, 1st November, 2013.
- Poster presentation: Kumar, Pavan., Pandey, P. C., Meenu Rani., Majumdar, Arnab., Sharma, L.K., and Nathawat, M.S.(2010). “Vegetation Analysis Using Geospatial Approach: A Case Study of Palamu Tiger”,MRSS Malaysia Conference. Science Journal.2010
- Oral presentation: Pandey, P.C., Sharma, L.K. and Nathawat, M.S. (2009). "Solid waste management using Geo-Spatial technology in Bhagalpur, Bihar" Paper presented in National Seminar on: “Urban Governance and Need for Information.
National Post Doctoral Fellowship from the Science Engineering and Research Board (SERB), Government of India
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship obtained from Tel Aviv University Israel.
Commonwealth Award by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission UK at University of Leicester United Kingdom nominated by Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD)
First Rank Holder at M.Tech (Remote Sensing), Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
National Eligibility Test (NET 2007) conducted by University Grant Commission (UGC), Government of India.
GATE conducted by IIT Kanpur (2007)
University Rank Holder award from MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource and Development) Government of India
Malviya Gold Medal at BSc by Banaras Hindu University Varanasi
IT Merit Award from Ministry of Information and Technology, Government of India.
-2019: Recognition from journals " Nature–Scientific Data https://www.nature.com/sdata/ , Sustainable Cities and Society (Elsevier), International Journal of Remote Sensing (Taylor and Francis), Remote Sensing: Applications and Society, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, Advance in Space Research, Environment, Development and Sustainability, Environmental Earth Sciences, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Environmental Process, Environmental Sciences Informatics, Journal of Earth System Science, International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, Natural Hazards, Urban Ecosystem, Atmospheric Science Review, Clean-Soil, Air and Water, Atmospheric Science Letters, MPDI (Remote Sensing, Sensors, Forest") and others reputed journals for contribution as reviewer.
Guest Editor for Special Issue “Earth Observation in Forest Biophysical/Biochemical parameter retrieval” in Journal "Remote Sensing" MDPI https://www.mdpi.com/journal/remotesensing/special_issues/Forest_Biophysical_Retrieval [Impact Factor- 4.118]
Academic Committee Member of International Conference on Intelligent Agriculture (ICIA2019) at Beijing China (Invited)- Organized by China Agriculture University.