Dr. Prem Chandra Pandey has been working as Assistant Professor at Center for Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Shiv Nadar University, Gautam Buddha Nagar, UP. He received his Ph.D in Remote Sensing Technology from Centre for Landscape and Climate Research Department of Geography University of Leicester, United Kingdom. Dr. Pandey is also a recipient of Reputed Commonwealth awarded by United Kingdom (International awards and fellowships). Dr Pandey received Tel Aviv University Post-Doctoral Scientist fellowship and conducted research in thermal hyperspectral data at Remote Sensing Laboratory, Department of Geography and Human Environment, Faculty of Exact Sciences, Tel Aviv University Israel. Currently, involved in two projects-
1. PI of Approved Project- "Assessment of aquatic weeds in Northern India using Remote Sensing Technology" by NRDMS division, DST Government of India, Funding- Rs. 27.65 lakhs.
2. As CO-PI- "Development of AI based DSS for Improved Crop Water Use Efficiency under Deficit Drip Irrigation Regime Simulating Climate Change” approved by DST, water Technology Missions Division, Programme or Scheme, WTI Call Water Energy Food Health Nexus, INDIA. Fund- INR: 118.20 in Lacs
Member of International Organisations-
- IUCN CEM Member(Commission on Ecosystem Management)-
- Forest Ecosystems Specialist Group
- Wetland Ecosystems Specialist Group
- Sustainable Use and Management of Ecosystems Thematic Group
- Life Member of ISRS (Indian Society of Remote Sensing)
- Life Member, Indian Society of Geomatics (ISG) SAC-ISRO Ahmedabad, India
- Member of Society of Wetland Scientists, (2020 to December 2022)
- Member of GLOBAL Land Programme.
Research Interests: Remote Sensing applications in Forestry & Agriculture, Hyperspectral Remote sensing, wetlands, and Urban Studies research.
Teaching Interests: Remote Sensing & GIS, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Hygiene and Sanitation.
Establishment of CESE Envionmental Laboratory (2019-2020) with Prof Jyoti Sharma.
- A.Anand, K.Lal, PK. Srivastava, and Prem Pandey (2019). Title- "Estimation of Above Ground Biomass for assessing the total Carbon Stock within Forest Cover of Ramgarh District using Sentinel 1A SAR data” presented in ICECS, International Conference on Environmental Challenges and Sustainability (ICECS 2018) 31st Oct.- 2nd Nov. 2018, CUJ.
- Anand, Akash., Srivastava, P. K., Pandey, P.C., and Malhi, Ramandeep Kaur M. (2019) Earth Observation and Analytical Hierarchy Process based fusion technique to model Regional Forest Fire Risk, poster presentation in EGU (European Geophysical Union 2019, Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 21, EGU2019-12423, EGU General Assembly 2019
- Petropoulos, George P., Toulios, Leonidas., Srivastava,P.K., Pandey,P.C., Tsitouras, Alexandros., Faraslis, Ioannis., and Loka, Dimitra (Dec 2018). Global Positioning Systems (GPS) in Agriculture: applications, challenges and future trends, in International Conference on Advanced Remote Sensing, 16- 18 Oct 2018, Wuhan, China Submission id - sciforum-021580
- Srivastava,P.K., Pandey,P.C., and Petropoulos, George P., (Dec 2018).Integration of GPS and in-situ sensor information for large scale soil moisture estimation, in International Conference on Advanced Remote Sensing, 16- 18 Oct 2018, Wuhan, China. Submission id - sciforum-021579.
- Oral presentation: Pandey, P.C., Kumar, P., and Srivastava, P.K. (2018). "Species Recognition using Hyperspectral Remote Sensing", presented in the international Conference: BDCC -2108 (Biodiversity and Climate Change) organised by IIT Kharagpur during 24th -27th February 2018.
- Oral presentation: Pandey, P.C., Chetri, T., Kumar, P., and Srivastava, P.K. (2018). (2018). "EO-1 Hyperion hyperspectral data for Species Recognition", presented in the National Conference on "Climate Change Societal Consequences and Mitigation: Future vision" (NCCSCM-2018) organised by University of Jammu, Jammu during 25th -27th April 2018.
- Poster Presentation: Pandey, P.C., Tate, N.J., and Balzter, H. (2014): "Forest mapping in a coastal region of Portugal using Statistically Segmented PCA”,Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting, 8-14 April 2014 Tampa, Florida USA
- Poster presentation - Pandey, P.C., Tate, N.J., and Balzter, H. (2013). Mapping tree species using hyperspectral and lidar imagery at Portugal, Annual conference of the Centre for Landscape and Climate Research, Leicester, Gilbert Murray Hall, University of Leicester, UK, 1st November, 2013.
- Poster presentation: Kumar, Pavan., Pandey, P. C., Meenu Rani., Majumdar, Arnab., Sharma, L.K., and Nathawat, M.S.(2010). “Vegetation Analysis Using Geospatial Approach: A Case Study of Palamu Tiger”,MRSS Malaysia Conference. Science Journal.2010
- Oral presentation: Pandey, P.C., Sharma, L.K. and Nathawat, M.S. (2009). "Solid waste management using Geo-Spatial technology in Bhagalpur, Bihar" Paper presented in National Seminar on: “Urban Governance and Need for Information.
Awarded 'Young Rising Research Investigator Excellence Award-2021' during the Circle of Excellence award ceremony on the special occasion of 10th anniversary celebration of Shiv Nadar University, Delhi NCR.
Guest Editor for Special Issue “Earth Observation in Forest Biophysical/Biochemical parameter retrieval” in Journal "Remote Sensing" MDPI https://www.mdpi.com/journal/remotesensing/special_issues/Forest_Biophysical_Retrieval [Impact Factor- 4.118]
2019- 2021: Recognition from journals "
Nature–Scientific Data https://www.nature.com/sdata/ ,
NATURE Scientific Reports,
Sustainable Cities and Society (Elsevier), International Journal of Remote Sensing (Taylor and Francis), Remote Sensing: Applications and Society, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, Advance in Space Research, Environment, Development and Sustainability, Environmental Earth Sciences, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Environmental Process, Environmental Sciences Informatics, Journal of Earth System Science, International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, Natural Hazards, Urban Ecosystem, Atmospheric Science Review, Clean-Soil, Air and Water, Atmospheric Science Letters, MPDI (Remote Sensing, Sensors, Forest") and others reputed journals for contribution as reviewer.
Academic Committee Member of International Conference on Intelligent Agriculture (ICIA2019) at Beijing China (Invited)- Organized by China Agriculture University.
National Post Doctoral Fellowship from the Science Engineering and Research Board (SERB), Government of India
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship obtained from Tel Aviv University Israel.
Commonwealth Award by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission UK at University of Leicester United Kingdom nominated by Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD)
Selected as INSPIRE Fellow by DST government of India
First Rank Holder at M.Tech (Remote Sensing), Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
National Eligibility Test (NET 2007) conducted by University Grant Commission (UGC), Government of India.
GATE conducted by IIT Kanpur (2007)
University Rank Holder award from MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource and Development) Government of India
Malviya Gold Medal at BSc by Banaras Hindu University Varanasi
IT Merit Award from Ministry of Information and Technology, Government of India.